Post #13 - GRQs & Discussion
It is crazy to think about where we would be as a society if these things had not been invented. The printing press, the camera obscura, the collodion, the kinetograph, motion pictures. We used the results of all these developments everyday. I find it fascinating to see the effects these inventors and their legacies have had on the world. Without the Gutenberg press, newspapers and mass produced novels and even general education wouldn’t be available to the public. Without the invention of camera obscura and everything that came after, we wouldn’t have photographs and movies. Can you imagine a world where we can’t just pull out a camera to capture a moment? Or a world where we have no movies or tv shows? I know I sure can’t picture a world without these things. I believe it is so important for people to know about these risk takers who dared challenge what was the norm in order to give these creations. We are affected by them, which makes it all that more valuable that we know the history about it.
1) camera obscura; camera obscura
Comments
Post a Comment