Post #17 - GRQs & Discussion: Film & Video History / Busting the Tube

I think that the innovation and journey of electronic media is fascinating, and it is something everyone should learn. We are all impacted by it everyday, whether we realize it or not. We all use our laptops or phones or tablets or TVs everyday, none of which we would have if not for the risk takers and inventors and artists of history (see Blog Post #16 for a detailed account of this). Without art, inventors would not have the creativity or inspiration to come up with something new and change the world as we know it. 

I personally have a unique interest in this topic. I have always enjoyed learning about art and its history, but the digital age is something I am much more intrigued by. I am a film and media arts major, so this subject is directly related to my major. I can see how the ideas and innovations of the past still influence today, and learning about the connection is a journey of discovery I will always enjoy going on.


GRQs
1. Hans Richter, Hans Richter
2. Ruttmann
3. Rene Clair's
4. Germaine Dulac
5. cinema pur, or "pure cinema"
6. city symphony
7. "vertical" cinema
8. film lyric
9. Maya Deren
10. Norman McLaren, Norman McLaren
11. Brackhage
12. Bruce Conner, Conner

13. visualizing effects
14. Non-linear editing software
15. portable camera
16. Feedback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #19 - GRQs & Discussion: Anne Collins Goodyear Launching "Hybrid Practices" in the 1960s

Post #11 - Abstract Painting & Definition & Reflection

Post #9 - Reading, GRQs, & Discussion: Renaissance and Modern Art